Employer: Tribal EcoRestoration Alliance
Location: Upper Lake, CA (in Lake County)
Application deadline: Position open until filled. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Still active as of January 12, 2023.
The Tribal EcoRestoration Alliance (TERA) is a cross-cultural, multi-organizational collaborative that works to revitalize ecology, economy, and culture through indigenous-led stewardship.
The mission of TERA, founded in 2019, is to cultivate land stewardship, livelihood, and leadership skills that weave collaborative relationships between Tribal members and the community at large for the benefit of all lands and beings.
The Administrative Manager is an intuitive and emotionally intelligent leader, highly skilled with managing people, and experienced in both setting up and overseeing management of human and financial resources. The Admin Manager will help TERA to build systems and processes that provide a solid foundation for its growth.
Financial Responsibilities include managing our financial transition to an independent 501(c)3, then subsequently managing our general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
Duties and responsibilities:
Leadership: Provide collaborative and supportive financial management to the managers of TERA’s programs and partnerships, ensuring the success of the programs and responsible compliance with their contractual requirements.
Human Resource Management: Maintain accurate personnel records and provide support to all employees regarding employment and benefit issues.
- Maintain personnel files including application and resume files, leave records, and benefit plan records within HRIS
- Providing coaching to staff, as well as communicate and clarify new and existing policies to help mitigate compliance issues
- Support supervisors by managing performance review schedules and structure, developing performance improvement plans, as well as assisting with compliance issues with direct reports
- Develop new HR policy as needed and acquire Advisory Board approval
- Perform quarterly checks for all staff
- And more…
- Maintain accounts receivable and payables, cash receipts, payroll, general ledger and related subsidiary ledgers, financial reports and tax filings following TERA policies and procedures.
- Prepare entries to the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers. Reconcile with source documents and transactions to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Review and reconcile all accounts monthly.
- Track daily cash balances and maintain a cash flow forecast to ensure adequate funds are available to meet operating requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for management and the Board of Managers.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors in developing reports to the Board of Directors.
- And more…