Employer: U.S. Forest Service
Location: Penobscot Experimental Forest (Maine) and Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest (New Hampshire) and elsewhere in the Northeast, Central, and Lake States.
Application deadline: November 22, 2023
- Responsibilities listed are at the GS-07 level.
- Perform a variety of routine and frequently complex tasks involving techniques and practices relating to natural resources management programs, (i.e., timber/silviculture, recreation, wildlife, fisheries, watershed, range and vegetation management).
- Prepares, develops, and executes timber cruises and sample surveys for resource information and estimate quality and quantity of timber for purpose of appraisal, sales administration, management planning, and logging plans.
- Lays outs sales in accordance with EAR and other instructions, considering variables such as accessibility, steep slopes, stream protection, nesting tree protection, wildlife impacts, fuels management and regeneration requirements.
- Lays out the boundary of areas designated for planting, site preparation, and timber stand improvement contracts
- And more…